Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rudeness is a weak person's imitation of strength

No, I am not going to give case studies of rude people. But in general what do people gain by being rude to others? Why do I point at other people? I am myself unbelievably rude at times. Those who have interest in me have told me frankly. "Mira, Why are you being so rude?"

I have put much thought into this-the reasons for people being rude and mean. It is nothing but an expression of inner frustration. Some unfulfilled desire which leads to irritation and anger. 

Desire? What desires? It has got to do with attitude and upbringing some say. Its too complicated. 

Whatever it may be there must be a permanent solution to deal with rude people. And that solution is IGNORE!! Whenever I find somebody rude to me or my parents or sister, it affects me deeply at first. But then I think, it must be because I know what is level of rudeness and I must have been mean or rude to someone else that it is hurting me a lot. I will try to remind myself, "Be kind!, Be patient!, Do not stoop low!, Be calm! and most importantly Be polite how much ever others irritate you!" Of course life can be testing at times but at the same time it gives a lot of scope for improvement. 

People can be consciously rude to others. This is very dangerous and such category of people should be avoided at all costs. As my Mom-ananda always says "The best punishment you can give to people who insult or hurt you for no fault of yours is to ignore and forget them". I mentioned before that unfulfilled desires is the main reason. They might be jealous of something or someone. Why analyse this? Instinctively one can find out easily and drop them under the CR-Consciously Rude category. They hate you, but dont hate them back; just push them out of your sanctum sanctorum. 

Other people are brought up that way. They are inherently or unconsciously rude to others. It is again a weakness and attitudinal problem. They think because they possess something which others don't have they have the freedom to poke others the way they feel like. They need counselling. Sometimes I feel I fall into this category. But thankfully I have many well wishers who openly point out this and counsel me which helps me to analyse and correct myself.

Whatever the reasons, the conditions, nobody has the right to be rude to anyone. If you are rude at any time, you are a weak and a frustrated person. Do not be rude to even the person who insults you. Its not necessary. Why waste energy? I find people especially being rude in a telephonic conversation or chatting or while texting. The list includes me. The worst form of rudeness or rather weakness is when you are not face to face or in eye contact with the other person. Never ever ever ever in any situation do that. There are numerous advisory sites about etiquette and netiquette like how to speak in a telephone and so on. Ultimately it is all a part of personality development and cultivating inner strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment