Tuesday, May 14, 2013

ThankYou!

I have spent many sleepless nights crying, worried sick. I have sunk into the deepest, darkest and deadliest of all depressions. Failures, inhibitions, losses are so temporary. It would have been a case of permanent mental and physical illness if you had not been there to wake me up, to help me rise and see the sunshine. Thank You, My Lord!

Sometimes I feel so lonely, so alone and unable to fit into the system, even when I am surrounded by so many people. I just feel so awful when I think that I am left alone to face this terrible battle called life against a million opposing forces. But then you somehow come to my rescue. You are my hero charioteer and give me new hope, energy, courage and strength. All I do is just call out to you and you instantly come. Thank You, My Lord!

I commit so many sins, mistakes knowingly or unknowingly. So many tiny, miserable creatures die under my clumsy feet everyday. I have been rude and mean to so many people. Yet, you are so kind and considerate towards me and you are always ready to protect me just by the mere utterance of your name. How fortunate am I to receive such mercy. Thank You! My Lord!

When I am hungry, you feed me. When I am cold you gift me a blanket and a cupboard full of clothes. When I am happy or sad, you smile and reassure me that you are always present. You quench my thirst, give me clean water to drink and bathe, clean air to breathe. Above all, you give me the discriminating capacity-the capacity to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. When I need you the most, you come to me as a thought, a flash of lightening, a bright spark of idea. What did I do, to receive such a blessing? What will I do to repay you? You struggle, suffer, hope and endure all for me. Will everything get settled by just a mere thank you. I know not!

I am nothing. I know nothing. I see nothing. I am just a lazy old fool. Everything I have been getting throughout, solely belongs to you. I am uselessly clinging on to objects when I should instead be dedicating them all to you. 

You do all the things I ask as well as things unimaginable, things which I cannot even dream of asking. Yet I am forever discontented with mind and heart full of greed, dissatisfaction and petty desires. And still yet, you do not punish me. You are so steady and smiling with your kind eyes, looking at me always, shielding me always. 

I only have my ego, my useless stupid thoughts to give you. Take them. Take them all. I place them at your feet. Just one thing I ask of you. Give me gratefulness, give me the realisation, give me the mind which is only filled with thoughts about you, your smile, your kindness, your peace and this way let me fulfill the purpose of my life. Thanks again. Thank you, my sweet  Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Its like listening to blessing tv...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miradha madam

    Happy Diwali wishes to you, to your family members and friends.

    Miradha madam your poems and message contains a deep meaning and emotional and they are touching the hearts. Miradha madam it is a great effort to share such type of emotions etc. in a poetic way. Miradha madam sometimes i watch your messages and poems.

    Miradha madam this is my Diwali message "Lamps of India" which i shared in my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

    Miradha madam please look into my Lamps of India message and share your inspirational comment to me.

    ReplyDelete